Croscarmellose Sodium (CCS) HiLose TM
HiloseTM, is an internally cross linked polymer of carboxymethyl cellulose sodium which is used as a super disintegrant in pharmaceutical formulations. Cross Linking makes it insoluble & highly absorbent material, resulting in excellent swelling properties. Its unique fibrous nature gives it excellent water wicking capabilities.
- Rapid swelling characteristics
- Superior flow property
- Good stability with API
- Long term stability
- Fast tablet disintegration
- Fast drug dissolution
- Used in oral pharmaceutical formulations as a super disintegrant for Capsules, Tablets and Granules Formulations.
- Used in tablets including dietary supplements to assist the tablet in disintegrating in the intestinal track.
- In tablet formulations, it is used in both direct compression and wet granulation processes.
- Effective in combination with both insoluble filler-binders and slightly soluble to soluble filler-binder.
- Used in wet granulations as intra granular or extra granular super disintegrant.